Hi guys! So if you’re a regular reader, you know that since the new year started, I have been trying to incorporate some health posts! My first health post can be found here on protein powders, and this post about why I eat a whole foods diet. I’ve also gotten some questions about healthy smoothies, and I will be posting recipes on my favorite “treat” smoothie, and favorite green smoothie soon!
Today, I’ve invited my friend Jessie, of Just Jessie B to share a little bit about herself and one of her all time favorite Paleo, and Whole 30 compliant recipes! You can find her on Instagram here for drool worthy healthy photos! Enjoy xo
Hey there! I’m Jessie, Paleo food & lifestyle blogger over at justJessieB.com.
I’m a twenty-something year old with a huge passion for health. After struggling for a few years to maintain my weight without feeling starved, I found the Paleo diet~ and never looked back! It’s been a no-brainer way to eat delicious, nutritious food that I know will fuel my body just the way it needs.
Once I got the hang of all the foods I could eat, I started getting creative with ways to make healthy eating taste a little more delicious. Now I share my simple, comfort-food style recipes over on my blog to help others make clean, Paleo eating a lifestyle instead of just a diet.
One of the most popular recipes on my blog is this “Beef Enchilada Bake”. It’s Paleo-friendly (no gluten, grains, dairy, soy, etc.) and is also Whole30-approved… which means it’s extra clean!
This casserole-style dinner was inspired by my love of one-dish meals, and the fact that I was craving guilt-free Mexican food!
This gives you the taste of an enchilada when you bite into it, but is packed with high-quality beef and a ton of veggies. I use cauliflower “rice” in this dish, which has a great grain-like texture that is the perfectly neutral-flavored base for the ground beef and enchilada sauce.
This enchilada bake tastes amazing, is super filling & hearty, and makes great leftovers! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
P.S.~ If you like things spicy, try doubling the “enchilada sauce”, or adding some cayenne pepper!
- 4 cups shredded cauliflower (about 1 medium head)
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp each: cumin, garlic, oregano
- salt & pepper to taste (don’t be shy with it… there’s a lot of cauliflower to season up!)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Combine the tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, garlic, and oregano in a small bowl until smooth~ this is your enchilada sauce.
- Sauté the ground beef & onion in a large pan until the meat is no longer pink.
- Stir the bell pepper, jalapeño, and “enchilada sauce” into the pan until combined.
- Drizzle a 9 x 13″ baking dish with avocado oil, or a cooking fat of your choice, to avoid sticking.
- Fill the bottom of your dish with the shredded cauliflower, then top with the meat and veggie mixture.
- Crack the three eggs into the casserole, and stir them in until the eggs are no longer visible.
- Once stirred, bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour- or until browned around the edges.
- Let it cool for a few minutes, slice into squares, & serve!
Shop the post!…